Join Dr. Dustin Portela and Dr. Jason Chouake as they talk about acne diagnosis and treatment. Acne is a concern that people have had for generations, and it’s time to shed light on the mysteries of the things that appear on our faces! They’ll get into the different kinds of acne, treatments, and common misconceptions surrounding acne.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- What acne is, and the difference between blackheads and whiteheads
- Tips on getting over-the-counter treatment for acne and managing expectations.
- The efficacy of dermatologists’ prescription versus over-the-counter options.
- A growing concern on fungal acne. What is it and how can it be treated?
- Side effects that one can experience from Accutane and other oral medications.
- The problem with spot treatments. It’s just playing whack-a-mole!
About Treasure Valley Dermatology:
Full service dermatology clinic in Boise, ID treating children and adults. Dr. Dustin Portela @208skindoc, & Mariya Ostermiller PA-C
You can find Treasure Valley Dermatology on…
Connect with Between Two Derms!